- Pittsburgh native ... averaging 18 points and 11 rebounds ... state's No. 3-ranked team
"I know Duquesne has been through tough times, but I see what they've been able to do under coach (Ron) Everhart," Marhold said. "I feel it's like perfect timing for me."
"When Duquesne first came up, I wasn't sure about it. I wanted to play in the Big East," he said. "But after talking to some people about it, I feel like Duquesne is a good fit for me to get better as a person and as a player."
- Marhold is averaging 18 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks per game.
- Charlotte (N.C.) North Meck(lenburg) coach Duane Lewis ... said his big man is on track to qualify and has been dealing with some misinformation. "I've had more than a few colleges and jucos call and ask if he was waiting because of grades," Lewis said. "They heard that he wasn't going to qualify but Andre is going to qualify."
As a sophomore, he missed 8 games with an ankle injury but still managed to average 12.1 points and 7 rebounds.
Jay Gomes from NJHoops.com quoted Marhold as saying: "I am looking for a school that runs the transition game and plays man to man defense. Where they get after it and get out on the break."
Marhold is actually a native Pittsburgher; he was born in Pittsburgh and attended Philip Murray Elementary School and Knoxville Middle School, as well as Linton Middle School in Penn Hills, before his family moved to North Carolina in 2004.
- He is big time as a 3 man and is undersized as a 4 at the high-level. Andre is a great defender but needs to improve his skill level on the perimeter offensively. Really like his broad shoulders and his competitiveness on the offensive and defensive end.
Marhold is a junk-yard dog who does a little bit of everything well. He is the type of kid that helps teams win championships with his hustle and mentality.
- ""Andre has improved 100 percent from last year," (NMHS coach Duane) Lewis said. "He's a gym rat. He really buys into it. He works hard. He leaves our practices now and goes and works out again."
- YouTube: Dunk champion (last summer)
- Trib: Everhart, Dukes land recruit at forward
- PG: Note in 'Owls outlast Dukes, 78-73'
- OnTheBluff.com: Andre Marhold commits to Duquesne (subscription required)
- ESPN: Profile
- ETeamz.com Section report of 08-09 season (Use 'Marhold' for search - nice photo of him)
- Charlotte Observer: All-conference
- CarolinaAllStarClassic.com: Scored 6 points and had 1 rebound and 1 assist in NC 106-82 win over SC
- Scout.com: Profile
- Rivals.com: Profile