Duquesne, which took a 35-29 lead to the locker room, took its first double-digit lead on a Bolding 3-pointer with 13:01 left.
Dayton briefly cut it to eight before Saunders answered with a layup. The Dukes took their largest lead at 61- 43 on Bolding's last 3-pointer of the night at the 6:45 mark. The Dukes scored their final 10 points from the foul line for the final margin.
Duquesne shot .531 marking the third time in as many tournament games that DU has made more than half of its shots. The Dukes also connected on 10-of-26 3-point attempts.
Dayton finished .419 from the field including 7-of-25 from the 3-point arc.
- The victory gave the Dukes their most wins since 1971 (21-4)
- DU shot .556 in the first half and .500 in the second
- Duquesne, which did not attempt a free throw in the first half, went 15-of-22 from the stripe in the second half
- DU had just three offensive rebounds to 16 for the Flyers
- Eric Evans hit all six of his free throw attempts over the game's final 4:41
- Melquan Bolding finished the game 8-of-11 from the field ... his previous high for 3-pointers made was four (two times)
- Aaron Jackson's three 3-pointers were his most since he went 4-of-8 from the arc vs. Charlotte on Jan. 7